Monarch Tattoo is a custom tattoo studio located in Hau’ula, on the North Shore of Oahu. Most of our tattoo work is done by appointment. However, walk-ins are always welcome. Have an idea for a tattoo? Come in and we can draw it up for you. Got a drawing or a picture of something you would like to have tattooed? Give us a call! We specialize in custom tattooing and believe that a tattoo should fit the person wearing it. Our Polynesian tattoos are drawn on the body free hand because your tattoo should be as unique as you are.
We draw inspiration from the ancient designs of Polynesia, nature, and the traditions of western style tattooing. Each time we do a tattoo we are paying homage to the ancient people who created the art of tattoo. We are also recognizing the many great artists who came before us and carried on the practice of this art. Tattooing as a fluid art form is forever growing and changing. Therefore, we acknowledge the wearers of our art because it is only through them that we are able to further grow as practitioners of this craft.
Send us an email and we will get back to you at the earliest. Monarch Tattoo specializes in custom tattoos and every tattoo is different. Therefore, we only give price quotes in person. Please stop by our shop for a consultation.
53-534 Kamehameha Hwy. Hauula, HI 96717
in preparation for your upcoming tattoo
- We do not tattoo anyone under the age of 18, no exceptions
- Deposit required to book appointments. Deposits are nonrefundable and non transferable.
- Please give us minimum 24 hour notice if you need to reschedule
- Do not get sunburned prior to getting tattooed. Sun damaged skin results in a poor quality tattoo
- Do not consume alcohol the night before or the day of your appointment. You will bleed excessively during the process
- Be sure you have had a good meal before you come in. It’s no fun getting tattooed on an empty stomach
- Remove bandage after 1 hour. DO NOT re-bandage tattoo.
- Wash tattoo thoroughtly and gently with liquid antibacterial soap. Blot dry with clean paper towel, air out a few minutes.
- Apply a thin layer of Tattoo Butter to tattooed area.
- Repeat steps 2&3 for 7-14 days, 3-4 times/day, until tattoo is finished healing.
- The tattoo will peel like a sunburn, this is a natural part of the healing process.
- Once your tattoo has finished peeling, you may switch to a mild lotion, use as needed.
-DO NOT pick peel, or scratch your new tattoo.
-ALWAYS wash your hands before touching your new tattoo or the aftercare ointment
-AVOID exposing your fresh tattoo to the sun
-NO ocean, beach, swimming pools or saunas
-NO prolonged soaking of fresh tattoo in water
-DO NOT take advice from your friends
ANY QUESTIONS? CALL US 808-293-7000
Monarch Tattoo Studio is located at 53-534 Kamehameha Highway, Hau’ula HI 96717.
We are next to Kaya’s store in Punalu’u on Oahu’s beautiful north shore.